Ensuring accessibility on the region’s transport network is the topic for an upcoming webinar and panel discussion hosted by Transport for the North (TfN).
Part of the sub-national transport body’s #TfNTalks series of online discussions, transport leaders and disability campaigners from across the region will discuss the issue of accessibility.
While the region is looking to invest in its transport infrastructure to drive economic recovery and ensure better access to jobs and leisure, TfN’s panel will discuss what needs to be done to ensure everyone can benefit. Discussion will explore how the region can make accessibility a reality, and what the current barriers are to achieving this.
Confirmed speakers for the panel discussion include:
- Stephen Brookes MBE | Rail Sector Champion (Panel Chair)
- Michael Paul | Head of Advice & Information, Disability Rights UK
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson | Former Paralympian and Crossbench Peer
- Caroline Young | Senior Project Manager, Transport for the North
- Catherine Folca | Stakeholder Manager, Transport Focus
The event, titled “Delivering an accessible transport system for the North” is free to attend and will be hosted via Zoom on Friday 19 March at 2pm.
Attendees can register and submit any questions they have for the panel in advance via EventBrite.