Transport leaders from across the North will discuss the region’s decarbonisation strategy for road and rail, in the latest webinar from Transport for the North (TfN).
TfN members have been clear about a coordinated approach to tackling decarbonisation in the North, starting with the Strategic Transport Plan, and subsequently the decarbonisation strategy that went out for public consultation earlier this month. As part of the TfN Talks series, business, environmental and transport leaders will meet for a panel discussion that will consider the challenges facing the North on reducing carbon emissions, particularly in the context of the current consultation.
Panellists confirmed to speak at the event include:
- Shelina Begum | Business Editor, TheBusinessDesk.com (Panel Chair)
- Cllr Daren Hale | Leader of Hull City Council and TfN Board Member
- Piers Forster | Professor of Physical Climate Change, University of Leeds
- Dr Marilyn Comrie OBE | Director, The Blair Project, and member of the Greater Manchester LEP
- Peter Cole | Principal Environmental and Sustainability Officer, Transport for the North
The webinar, titled “TfNTalks: Our Decarbonisation Strategy” is free to attend and will be hosted via Zoom on Wednesday 23rd June at 1pm.