The line-up of speakers for the upcoming Northern Transport Summit has been revealed by the event’s organisers, DevoConnect.
Taking place on Thursday 27th May from 10am to 3pm, the event will be the first opportunity after the 2021 Local Elections to explore how the region builds back better transport to connect people and places in the region. Discussion will explore:
- How can we re-set and build back a better service in the North?
- What will work to re-build transport users’ confidence in public transport?
- Can the North accelerate a green recovery decarbonising transport and travel?
- What infrastructure investment does the North need to support jobs and improve connectivity in a post-Covid-Brexit world?
- How can technology enable a smarter, faster and more reliable network across all modes of transport?
- What powers and funding do local leaders need to truly level-up?
The event will give attendees the opportunity to engage with national, regional and local decision makers, transport providers and other service users and stakeholders.
There will be keynote addresses, high-level panel discussions, Q&As, as well as Mini Summits to drill down on the key problems and solutions across all modes of transport and speakers will include:
- National Infrastructure Commission Chairman Sir John Armitt
- Department for Transport
- Shadow Transport Secretary of State Jim McMahon MP
- Sheffield City Region’s Active Travel Tsar Dame Sarah Storey
- Transport Journalist and Broadcaster Christian Wolmar
- 3 Northern Metro Mayors
- Leeds City Council
- Midlands Connect
- Northern Powerhouse Partnership
- Campaign for Better Buses, Living Streets
- Transport for Greater Manchester
- Confederation of Passenger Transport
- Greener Transport Solutions
- North West Business Leadership Team
- Campaign for Better Transport
- Transport Focus
- Transport for the North
The day’s events will be held virtually via Zoom. To book your place on any of the Northern Transport Summit’s events, visit the DevoConnect website.