As part of the government’s support package during the coronavirus pandemic, businesses have been given the option to put staff on furlough leave as part of its Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.
Charlie Wood, Solicitor at Cheshire law firm SAS Daniels LLP, explains the key things you need to know about the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (Furlough Leave) to help guide you through this turbulent time.
Charlie’s video covers a number of frequently asked questions about the furlough scheme, including:
- Who is eligible for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme?
- What are the key points of the furlough scheme?
- How long can someone be on furlough leave for?
- Can employees still work while furloughed?
- Which employees should I put on furlough?
- What happens if an employee refuses to take part in the scheme?
- How do I apply to the scheme?
Further information about the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is available on the SAS Daniels website.